Kheerganga Trekking- A beautiful Destination Near Kasol
Kheerganga trek is one of the most favored treks in Himachal Pradesh, India. This trek route is located in Parvati Valley. This valley is situated in the Kullu district. There are several tourist attractions in Parvati Valley like Kasol, Manikaran, Barshaini, and the trekking routes are Chalal trek, Kheerganga Trek, Sar Pass Trek, and Pin Parvati Pass trek.
The kheerganga trek route starts from the Barshaini village. So it is a small hamlet cum town surrounded by alpine meadows, Deodar forests and Himalayan flora & fauna. In terms of facility Barshaini town has restaurants, some medical shops, and atm. Barshaini is 16 km away from Kasol. Kasol is the main tourist attraction in this region. And it is known as “Mini Israel in the Himalayas”. Every year this town experiences many Israeli tourists. There you will find several Israeli tourists. So in Kasol there are various restaurants where you can taste the delicious Israeli food.
For Kheerganga trekking you have to reach Kasol first
For Kheerganga trekking you have to reach Kasol first then from Barshaini your actual trekking will start. The trek route from Barshaini to Kheerganga is the most picturesque and comprised of many photographic points where you can capture the scenic views as a lifetime memory. Experiencing those views provides you soothing feeling. During the route, you will pass through the waterfall known as Rudranag. And this waterfall has the shape like a serpent which makes it a fantastic tourist spot. Other than this you will also experience the majestic views of Nathan village which is a small & beautiful village. Kheergnaga’s main spot is known for the natural hot water pool. After a strenuous journey when dipping in the pool it will make your every muscle relax and you will forget all the things except the enjoyment of trekking.
The other place you can enjoy while going for the trekking to kheerganga is Manikaran. So a beautiful religious spot where two religions converged at a single destination,i.e., Sikhism, Hinduism. There you can seek blessings at Manikaran Gurudwara, Lord Shiva Temple, Sri Ramchandra Temple, and many other small temple complexes.
How to Reach Kasol
To reach Kasol Bhuntar is the nearest place from where you can hire a private cab or board on the private/government bus.
How to Reach Bhuntar
Bhuntar is well connected by road with all major cities via Chandigarh and Delhi. There are several modes of road transportation available from both of the cities. From there you can board on the Volvo bus, deluxe bus, etc or you can hire a tourist vehicle like the cab, tempo traveler, Innova & many more. But in terms of money and comfort bus will be the best option. The distance between Delhi and Bhuntar is 505 km and from Chandigarh is 250 km. Chandigarh will be the most convenient to reach there.
Bhuntar airport is the only airport in the Kullu Manali region which is connected with all major airports via Delhi and well connected with Delhi airport. From the airport, you can hire a cab which will drop-off you at kasol.
The nearest railway station Chandigarh. From Chandigarh sector-43 ISBT you can board the bus to reach Bhuntar town.
Things to Carry
- Sleeping Bag
- First Aid Kit
- General Medicine Kit
- Woolen Clothes
- Woolen Gloves
- Solar ChargerPersonal Toiletries
- Woolen Socks
- Small Garbage Collection Bags
- Led Flashlights
- Trekking Poles
- Identity Proof
- Trekking Shoes
- Trekking Bag
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Body Lotion
- Extra Batteries for Camera
- Water Bottle
- Thermo Flask
- Dry Fruits and Snacks
- Try to avoid plastic materials as much as possible. In case you have used proper disposal of it.
- Try to avoid hard heated comments on co-travelers. If you face any issues then report back to your team/group leader.
- If you face any issue regarding health then tell your team leader immediately. They are experts to handle all kinds of health difficulties at high altitudes.
- Try to avoid activities that harm nature. Be a responsible trekker.
- Do not litter.
- Obtain all the permits before the commencement of the trekking to avoid last-minute arrangements.
- Do not involve in any activity which is against the Forest Law of India.
- Do not use any kind of toxic material during the trip it may lead you in difficulty.
- Upon asking you have to show your id-proof authority.
- Do not carry any kind of weapon. It is against the law.
- Do not make fun of any religious belief.
- Stick with the group and follow the instructions of the group leader.
- You can book the trek by this booking platform.
This is all about Kheerganga Trekking so – “ Stay Blessed, Keep Trekking”.