FSSAI central license
For India’s food safety and security, FSSAI is working hard on behalf of the government. This independent authority ensures that all those involved in the food business, including manufacturers, processing, storage, distribution, import, export, and sales, comply with certain scientifically verified rules and regulations that ensure the hygienic nature of food items, they check the quality standards and are they safe for humans or not. Importers in India need to apply for a food import license India in FSSAI central license category. Although the central government issues the central FSSAI license, which enables the businessman to operate in more than one state, the owner needs to get the headquarters’ approval.
Some of the features of FSSAI central license are:
- If the food business owner does not have an FSSAI license or certificate, they come into charges of legal offense and are fined for negligence.
- It is a one-time investment to have an FSSAI license Delhi. The certificate is liable for 1 year to 5 years, based on the size and specifications of the company.
- Issuance of a certificate or identification is regulated by the provisions of the FSS rules 2011,
- Home businesses like retailing, processing, shipping, or dealing in food goods must have a license.
Documents mandatory for FSSAI central license
FSSAI license is the base of the food business establishment. The documents required for FSSAI central license are similar to the state license.
- List of directors along with their complete address and contact details,
- Details of authorized signatory with ID proof and address proof
- Complete list of machinery used in the business along with their capacity and power usage
- List of food categories foreseen for growth
- FBO’s undertaking and declaration
- Proof of support turnover
- Flowchart of manufacturing unit along with the meter and working space allocation
- Form-B complete and signed by the owner or authorized member
- Self-declaration of FSSAI proprietorship
- Authority letter with the address and name of the authorized person
- Food health management plans
- NOC copy of license by the manufacturer
- FSSAI NOC document
- IE-code by DGFT
- EOU certificate by the ministry of commerce
In the case of manufacturing business, list of the document along with the above are:
- Proof whether they owned or held the property,
- A report on water quality research required in food products and portability validation must be done by a recognized laboratory.
- Types of raw material for animal production establishment
- Milk supply or procurement programs like milk collection centers
- A report from a known public health lab on pesticides residues of water for a factory producing mineral water, drinking water, and carbonated drinks or water
In case of the transport company, list of documents need along with above documents are:
- Self-declaration of the different equipment used by the activities,
- The tourism ministry gives the certificate
In cases when the business is a partnership, the lists of documents are:
- Partnership agreement
- MoA or ownership affidavit about business incorporation
For hotels certificate given by the ministry of tourism is required.
These FSSAI licensing registration documents need to be submitted, and the required fee has to be paid.