Did anyone say cake? If you’re someone who’s allergic to eggs, can’t eat them for any reason, or don’t like it, we bought for you two wonderful eggless cake recipes to bake at home.
Sounds yummy? We think so too!
Eggless Cake Benefits:
We bet you didn’t know eggless cake has health benefits too! Trust us. We were surprised too. Eggless cakes have multiple health benefits, even if they aren’t exactly a healthy food item.
An eggless cake is good for the following reasons:
- They help aid digestion and boosts metabolism.
- The flour and sugar in the cake give your body and mind instant energy with the help of carbohydrates present in it.
- Chocolates, especially dark ones, can help boost your mood and help aid depression.
- The milk in the cake strengthens your bones and helps you feel stronger and more energetic.
Egg Substitutes for Cakes:
There are multiple substitutes for eggs that can be used in baking a cake. Some of the egg substitutes are:
- Mashed banana
- Condensed milk
- Silken tofu
The eggs to be used in baking are to bind all the ingredients together and give it a wonderful, light texture. Eggs also give out moisture to the cakes and make them a soft and decadent delight to eat. All the above substitutes will contribute to a light and airy cake even without eggs as its original ingredient.
Easy Chocolate Eggless Cake for You:
This easy chocolate cake is every chocolate lover’s dream cake. It’s chocolate-y, light, moist, and perfect for vegans. This can easily be the most popular recipe for anyone who wants to quickly bake a chocolate cake even if they ran out of eggs. If you are a beginner at baking, this is the recipe for you!
For dry ingredients:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of sugar
For wet ingredients:
- 1 cup of water
- 3 cups of oil
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract
- One tablespoon of vinegar
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees centigrade or 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Dig a small hole in the middle of your dry cake mix and add the wet ingredients one by one.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- You will notice some bubbles forming in the batter, do not be alert by them. This is just the reaction of vinegar and baking soda. At this point, stop mixing.
- Pour the prepared batter into a greased and lined baking dish. Pat the baking dish on your kitchen, counter a few times, and bake it for approximately half an hour.
- Insert a skewer or a fork in it to check its doneness. Cool the cake on a rack and remove the parchment paper.
- Your cake is now ready to be frosted.
Easy Vanilla Eggless Cake for You:
If you’re someone who’s into vanilla-flavoured cakes, then this cake is the one for you! This cake will also, of course, be utterly eggless so you can enjoy this delicious dessert without feeling guilty! This cake has moist and soft crumbs and frosts very smoothly.
You can also serve it plain with tea or coffee and eat it as a plain tea cake. So without any further ado, let’s get to know how to make this easy vanilla eggless cake at home!
The ingredients which we need for this recipe is:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4th cup of sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the method, you need to:
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Centigrade, or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your baking pan with butter or oil and place parchment paper on top of it. You can also flour the surface with all-purpose flour if you don’t have parchment paper.
- Take a bowl and add your yogurt and sugar into it and mix well.
- Add your baking powder and baking soda into the yogurt mixture and mix. Let it rest until it bubbles or sizzles.
- Add your oil and vanilla extract into it as well.
- Finally, sift in your all-purpose flour and mix well till smooth.
- Pour the batter into your greased pan and bake for half an hour or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a rack and remove the parchment paper from it.
- Your cake is ready to be frosted or served!
If you like your cake to be frosted, here are two effortless recipes for you to frost your cake and serve it to your guests. These two frostings are prepared in less than 5 minutes and taste exceptionally impressive! We cannot wait for you to try these recipes, so here you go!
Easy Milk Chocolate Ganache:
This easy, creamy, and rich milk chocolate ganache is prepared in only 3 minutes for you. It is silky smooth for you to pour over your cake. You can also serve it with your favorite ice cream, brownies, or even milk! It tastes best when served warm, but you can cool it to your liking too. Let’s see what this recipe is all about!
- Take a bowl and add a cup of grated cooking chocolate into it (we like milk chocolate, but you can use dark or even white chocolate as well).
- Add a cup of heavy cream to it.
- Add in half a cup of butter.
- Now add a teaspoon of vanilla extract into it.
- Microwave this mixture for a minute and a half or until the chocolate and butter melts.
- Mix all the ingredients well until smooth and creamy for you to spread.
- Your delicious chocolate ganache is ready!
Easy American Buttercream:
Making an easy American buttercream takes only 5 minutes. It is sweeter than other types of buttercream, but they go well with birthday cakes. You can make alterations to it, like add a few drops of food color, substitute vanilla extract with coconut extract, etc. It’s smooth, whipped, and fluffy.
The texture of this buttercream takes about an hour max to set in the refrigerator after you frost your cakes with it using a cake decorating kit. Let’s see what this frosting is all about! It’s highly recommended in order to get better cakes.
- Take two sticks of butter and whisk it well till it becomes fluffy and light in color; if you are using salted butter, no need to add a pinch of salt to the recipe.
- Add four cups of powdered sugar into it. Keep whisking the mixture for a minute or two.
- Add in one to two tablespoons of milk or whipping cream into it.
- Finally, add a teaspoon and half of the vanilla extract into it.
- Whisk it again for the last time till it becomes completely thick, fluffy, and ready to frost.
- Your American buttercream is ready.
We hope you enjoyed learning the recipes of these two fabulous endless cakes, along with their delicious frosting. You can whip up these recipes for making a decadent birthday cake or even to enjoy for yourselves!
Audrey Throne has an ongoing affair with the words that capture readers’ attention. Her passion for writing dates back to her pre-blogging days. She loves to share her thoughts related to business, technology, health and fashion.
Find her on Twitter: @audrey_throne