Let’s find out How to Create a Poll on Facebook? You’d be surprised how many people have to learn or forget how to take a survey on Facebook.
Facebook polls can be fun and informative. Fun for your audience and, in many cases, informative for you or your company.
Whether you’re asking what your followers think about Apple’s removal of Fortnite from the App Store or what features your brand’s fans want to develop next, a Facebook poll is a quick way to get information.
Taking a Facebook poll is quick and easy. So you can use them anytime you think about what other people think.
You can create a Facebook poll to ask a question, customize the responses, and get people to vote for their favorite option.
In this example, we will show you how to create a poll on a Facebook page. However, you can also create a poll in a Facebook group or a story.
Note that you must be an administrator or editor to create a poll on a Facebook page.
Step 1: Find and click the Pages tab, then select your page
After logging into Facebook, look for the Pages tab on the left side of the screen.
Click on the Pages tab.
After clicking on the Pages tab, select the page for which you want to create a Facebook poll by clicking on it.
Step 2. Click on the Publishing Tools tab
As soon as you click on the page you want to create a Facebook poll for, you will be redirected to the desired Facebook page.
In the menu bar on the left side of your Facebook page, find the Publishing Tools tab.
Click on the Publishing Tools tab.
Step 3. Click Create Poll
After clicking the Publishing Tools tab, look for the blue Create a new publication button at the top right of the screen.
Click the Create Post button.
Step 4. Click on the Ellipsis and then select Poll
After clicking the Create Post button, a pop-up window will appear in the middle of your screen.
In the pop-up window, click the ellipsis button (three dots).
After clicking the ellipsis button, find the Survey option with the green icon.
Click on the Survey option.
Step 5: Enter the question you want to ask, and for Option 1 and Option 2, enter your survey options.
Now you are ready to create your Facebook poll.
Where it says “Asking something …” you can write the question you want to ask.
Now that you have entered the question you want to ask your audience, you need to create the various options that your audience can choose from as survey responses.
Find out where it says “Option 1” and “Option 2”.
In these fields, enter the response options that you want your audience to respond to.
Please note that you can enter up to 25 characters for each answer choice in the survey.
Step 6: Below the survey options, click the 1-week dropdown menu to choose when you want your survey to end (example: 1 day, 1 week, custom).
Once you have created the question and answer options for your survey, you must decide how long you want the survey to run.
The standard duration of Facebook polls is one week.
If 1 week is enough for your survey, you can leave it in 1 week. If you want to give your audience more time to complete your survey, choose one of the other options.
Your duration options include 1 day, 1 week, Never, and Custom.
Step 7. Tap on Share Now
Congratulations! You can share your survey.
When you’re ready to share your Facebook poll, you’ll find a Share Now button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
Click the Share Now button to share your Facebook poll.
How to create a Facebook poll from a mobile device
Hope you were able to create a great Facebook poll using the screenshots and instructions above.
If you are using a mobile device or need to create a poll for a Facebook group or add a poll to a Facebook story, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
How to create a poll on a Facebook page on a mobile device
- Tap on the three vertical lines stacked at the bottom right of Facebook.
- Tap Pages and then select your page.
- At the top of your page, tap Post.
- Scroll down and tap Queries.
- Enter the question you want to ask.
- Enter your survey options in the Option 1 and Option 2 fields. You can enter up to 25 characters for each option.
- Next to Survey completion, tap the 1-week drop-down menu to choose when you want the survey to end (example: 1 day, 1 week, custom).
- Tap Share.
How to create a Facebook poll in a group on mobile devices
- Tap the three stacked vertical lines at the bottom right of Facebook.
- Tap on Groups and select a group.
- Next to the Write Something tab, click the circled ellipsis (three dots) and choose Create Poll.
- Press “Ask for something …” and enter your question.
- Touch + Add survey option … to enter options for group members to choose from.
- Tap the gear icon to choose whether to “Allow members to add options” or “Allow people to choose multiple options.”
- Press “Publish”.
How to Create a Poll on Facebook on a mobile story
- At the top of your news feed, tap Show more, then tap “+ Add to story”.
- Add your photo or video. You can touch a story type at the top (example: Boomerang) or select a photo or video from your camera roll. Touch Camera to take a new photo or video.
- Tap the square symbol with the folded square in the lower right corner. You can find it in the upper right corner of your mobile device screen. Then press “PROBE”.
- Enter your question and press “Yes” or “No” to customize the answers.
- Tap “Done” in the upper right corner.
- To change the audience for your story, you can click “⛭ Privacy” at the bottom left.
- Tap Share on Story this is how to create a poll on Facebook.
- For More Information Visit Our Minstein Website