Due to the advanced camera of the iPhone, we can take beautiful photos without professional skills. These photos may be the most important files on iPhone because they record many important moments in life. If you have upgraded your old iPhone to a new one, you definitely want to transfer photos to the new device.
How to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone? Here in this guide, we will show you 5 methods that can help you achieve the goal. Whether you want to transfer a large number of photos or several pictures, you will find a way. Here we go.
Way 1. Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone
iCloud is not new to iPhone users. It is a built-in tool that can help us store and share data. However, there are only 5 GB of free storage space. There may not be enough space if you have a large number of photos that need to be transferred. But you can upgrade your storage plane.
1. Make sure you have logged in with the same iCloud account on two iPhones.
2. On the old iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Turn on iCloud Photos. When the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, it will upload photos to iCloud automatically.
3. On the new iPhone: Go to Settings to turn on iCloud Photos option > Choose Download and Keep Originals. When the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, it will download photos from iCloud automatically.
When iCloud Photos is enabled, all your photos will be uploaded to iCloud and appear on all your devices. Please not note when you delete one photo on one iPhone, it will be deleted on all devices.
Way 2. Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone via AirDrop
AirDrop is also a built-in tool to help users share files between two iPhones. Unlike iCloud, it does not require two devices to be logged into the same Apple account, nor does it require a wifi connection. However, you may meet problems when you are trying to AirDrop a large number of photos.
Although there is no theoretical limit to the number of AirDrop, errors often occur when AirDropping more than a hundred photos. Lots of users have reported the “AirDrop multiple photos failed” issue. To make a smooth transfer, you can send files in smaller groups, less than 100 photos each time.
1. Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on two iPhones.
2. Turn on AirDrop on both iPhones: Go to Control Center > Press and hold the network settings card > Tap AirDrop > Choose Contacts Only or Everyone.
3. On the old iPhone: Go to Photos app > Choose the photos you want to transfer > Tap the Share button > Choose AirDrop > Select the name of the new iPhone.
4. On the new iPhone: A window will appear on the screen and you can tap Accept to save photos to Photos
Way 3. Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone via AOMEI MBackupper
Both iCloud and AirDrop can help you transfer photos from iPhone to another one wirelessly. However, both of these methods have disadvantages.
- iCloud can only sync photos between two iPhones that are logged into the same account, in addition, it only provides 5GB of free space.
- AirDrop is a good choice when you need to transfer a small number of photos. It will be a time-consuming job if you want to want to transfer hundreds or thousands of photos.
Is there an easy way that can help you transfer photos without any limitations? Well, the answer is YES. One professional iPhone transfer tool named AOMEI MBackupper can help you transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone in an easy, quick, safe way. No Apple account is required and you can transfer hundreds or thousands of photos without effort.
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI MBackupper on your computer > Connect your old iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
2. Choose Transfer to Computer option in the Tools bar.
3. Choose Photos option and select the photos you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Select a storage path > Click Transfer.
5. Unplug the old iPhone and plug in your new iPhone.
6. Choose Transfer to iPhone option in the Tools bar.
7. Click the + to choose the photos you need.
8. Confirm the photos that will be transferred to iPhone > Click Transfer to start.
Way 4. Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone via Google Drive
Nowadays, more and more people choose to store data on cloud services. As long as we are logged into our account, we can access files on any device. We can take advantage of this feature to transfer photos from one iPhone to another. First upload photos to cloud on the source iPhone and then download photos from cloud on the target iPhone. Here we take Google Drive as an example.
1. On the source iPhone: Go to App Store to download Google Drive > Sign in with your account > Tap the Plus icon > Tap Upload > Tap Photos and Videos > Choose the photos you want to transfer
2. On the target iPhone: Download Google Drive app and open it > Find the photos you uploaded before > Download them to your iPhone.
Way 5. Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to new iPhone via Email
Email can be sent and received on many devices including iPhone. If you just want to transfer a few photos, you can choose to email the photos to yourself.
1. On your old iPhone: Compose a new email > Tap the option to add a new attachment > Choose the photos you want to transfer > Send the email to yourself.
2. On your new iPhone: Check the email and download the attachment.
If you have a computer at hand, you may let AOMEI MBackupper help you transfer needed photos. If you want to transfer photos wirelessly, you can take advantage of iCloud, AirDrop, Google Drive or email to make it.