If you consider using a sprayer, then why use one that is mounted upon a tractor for farming the entire farmland. Rather, using a Knapsack Sprayer will be a better idea to spray fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides and herbicides. It allows you to spray it deeply and also save a good amount of money on pesticides and tractors.
About Knapsack type of sprayer
It can be termed to be a spray to spray liquid via a handheld nozzle that is connected to the pressure reservoir hanging on the back of the operator. This sprayer is used for dispensing a variety of liquids like herbicides, fertilizers, fungicides and insecticides. But it is necessary to invest only in quality sprayers offered by https://www.crazysmall.com/ to derive the benefits.
What is desired for successful application on using this type of sprayer?
- Appropriate PPE (like face shield, chemical resistant gloves, rubber boots, etc.)
- Liquid fertilizer, fungicide, herbicide
- Chemical containers
- Knapsack type sprayer
- Clean water
How should you use this sprayer?
‘Lever operated’ sprayer type is considered to be commonly used. If using this sprayer, you need to follow the given steps like:
- Go through the instructions carefully provided by the Sprayer supplier along with the equipment before using this sprayer.
- Test the sprayer using water before using herbicides. This is to ensure that the sprayer equipment works properly as claimed to be and is free from leakage.
- Choose appropriate nozzle. It is from this part that liquid gets dispensed. These nozzles come in different sizes to determine spray amount.
- Calibrate regularly the sprayer using a bucket and clean water when you plan to use it.
Steps to spray herbicides
Liquid fertilizer, herbicides and pesticides, etc. can be sprayed in four different ways. These are Spot, Laterally, Downward and Upward spraying.
The TPU Masterbatch supplier suggestsa few steps to prepare the sprayer:
1st Step: Fill water in the knapsack equipment, like for example 10L.
2nd Step: Add 50 to 100 ml herbicide.
3rd Step: Cover sprayer equipment and then shake it vigorously.
4th Step: Fill more water in the sprayer equipment until full.
5th Step: Use herbicide solution to spray on weeds. Adhere to given instruction and direction of use for each hectare.
6th Step: Record clearly the application time and amount.
7th Step: In case after spraying it rains within 4 hours, then repeat the treatment procedure. Avoid this step if you have used Gramoxone to spray.
The Knapsack Sprayer supplier suggests wearing gloves while adding herbicides.
How should you calibrate the sprayer prior to spraying?
It is simple to calibrate the knapsack equipment, however, a bit tasking. For pressure gauge, use pressure sprayer to ensure evenly maintained yield. A pump when used can create constant pressure while operating at constant speed. Hence, pressure gauges are considered to be valuable. If it is not present in the sprayer, then pump should be used at constant speed, something that suits your requirements. The fogger machine supplier can provide you with thorough guidance on the same. Thus, you can derive the best results as desired.