You may perhaps be interested to buy some bearings for your machine needs. If you are shopping for the first time, then you need to contact the roller bearings supplier to know about the different types sold in the market. Considering a few things will allow you to make the right decision. The factors discussed about are likely to have a huge impact upon unit performance and cost.
Factors to consider
- Size: Before starting your search, identify the type of size that your brand ball bearings should be of. This will be mostly determined on its application. For instance, 608 bearings are commonly used in most skating applications when compared to 7mm 627 bearings. But 688 sizes are not that common. Consider buying a size that fits perfectly your axles and wheels.
- Materials: Bearing efficiency mostly depends on friction. Those produced using superior quality materials are designed to tolerate very high friction levels. Bearings produced from steel alloys, for instance, tend to provide the highest toughness level. Besides this, you can also come across affordably priced steel bearings offered by authorized roller bearings distributor. Components and coatings are made from bronze, ceramic or titanium can help enhance the product’s resilience, durability and overall performance. Ceramic is a wonderful choice if you desire to avail the best deal.
- Rating: You may take into consideration ABEC rating that is on a 1-9 scale while purchasing bearings. This system has been designed exclusively for industrial applications. Hence, for skating, you need bearings that are marked specifically ‘skate rated’ products. This way, there is no need to buy industry standard, high-end products, since it will not be worth the amount invested. Also, you should buy only from trustworthy companies like https://www.rollsbearing.com/.
- Number of balls: Most bearings, according to brand ball bearings distributor contain seven balls. This is to ensure enhanced durability, speed, roll and balance. However, 6 ball bearings tend to roll much longer while producing less friction. Thus, the latter can be termed to be a wonderful choice to make if you seek sustained and high speed skating.
The 8 ball bearings can tolerate effortlessly side loads. They are also found to be quite ideal for high speed and aggressive turning. Hence, your selection should be made on your specific needs. SKF 6214 bearings can be a great choice. Also, you can contact Ti-TEK that are is proud to stock and supply KS TI-1.2 ASNEX Titanium which is used for exhaust systems.
- Serviceable vs. Sealed: These are two options are offered. By opting serviceable bearings, the plastic shields or retainers can be removed to access properly the bearings as well as to re-lubricate them. Most high-end units tend to fall in this particular segment. You may also lubricate and clean them along with Deep groove ball bearings to ensure better performance. This particular practice is sure to extend your product life.
But it is not possible to open shield bearings or clean them to enhance their performance.
Following the above steps will allow you to choose the best SKF ball bearings to suit your specific business needs.