The concept of outdoor living has been gaining steam for several years now. Outdoor kitchens, in particular, are a concept that many homeowners have bought into. Other outdoor living features like patios, decks and screened porches have also gained significant popularity over the last few decades.
The recent COVID19 pandemic has accelerated the demand for better outdoor spaces. Many homeowners who spent most of 2020 and early 2021 locked inside their homes have realized the importance of having private and easily accessible spaces just beyond their own doors. These homeowners want to –
- Transform their outdoor spaces into temporary workspaces. Since many homeowners are working from home, the idea of setting up their home offices in their backyards is very appealing to them. Direct access to their yards or patios makes remote working more fun for them.
- Host social gatherings in outdoor living spaces. Simply by upgrading the seating, adding fireplaces/firepits, and adding other weather protection features, homeowners can easily transform their backyards into outdoor partying areas.
- Create outdoor showers. In the summer months, there aren’t many feelings better than taking a swim and a shower in your own backyard. Homeowners who feel bored to death because of how much time they’re spending indoors can benefit from having such structures in their backyards.
The Need for Privacy
If homeowners want these features in their backyards, what’s stopping them? Well, the first issue is privacy. Privacy is an increasing priority amongst homeowners. Many residents use their outdoor areas to rest, exercise, meditate and socialize with family members.
But, without proper privacy, it’s nearly impossible for homeowners to engage in these personal activities, even though they’re doing them inside their own yards. That’s why the demand for outdoor blinds has been steadily increasing. Homeowners who want to create space-efficient and private backyard spaces love these blinds for many important reasons –
- Total Privacy – These outdoor curtains are made of tough materials that prevent noise pollution. With these blinds, homeowners won’t hear their noisy neighbors. Nosy neighbors won’t ever be able to see what’s going inside the backyards because these blinds are opaque.
- Space Efficiency – Once homeowners can rest assured that their privacy won’t be hampered, they can start using more areas of their backyards. They can store household items in spaces that were exposed in the past. They can also cook, dine, or even watch TV in their backyards without having to worry about nosy neighbors.
- Pest Control – Every summer, homeowners plan to enjoy the sun in their backyards. The only problem is that humans aren’t the only ones chasing the sun during the summer months – pests are doing the same. Mosquitos, termites, and a variety of other bugs come out during the summer. Once they enter patio areas, getting rid of them is very difficult.
Installing outdoor curtains is the best preventative step that homeowners can take. These blinds are made of tough fabrics that are impossible to penetrate for small insects. Outdoor curtains can also designe to have anti-microbial features.
Overall, these blinds help homeowners create happier and healthier environments for their families. That’s why they’re in demand!