If you’re selling products on Amazon, it’s important to understand the difference between seller central and vendor central. While both platforms allow you to list and sell your products on Amazon, they each have different benefits and drawbacks. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at seller central vs vendor central so that you can make the best decision for your business.
Amazon Seller Central is a program where individuals and businesses can sell their products through the Amazon website. Sellers can sell on the Amazon platform without having to hold any inventory. In contrast, Vendor Central is a program for sellers who want to sell their products through the Amazon site by holding their inventory. In this case, Amazon acts as an intermediary between the seller and the customer. Amazon Seller Central is an online marketplace where participating merchants can list their items for sale. Items listed on Amazon may have a fixed price or the vendor may set a price that is “based on demand and competition.” The seller’s products can be sold through any channel: Amazon, retail, third-party sellers, or directly from the seller.
Data analytics is going to play a major role in understanding how to make your business work out.
So let us first understand how data analytics can help in this matter?
In recent years, Amazon had more than 3 million sellers on its website. Amazon Seller Central is a program where individuals and businesses can sell their products through the Amazon website. Sellers can sell on the Amazon platform without having to hold any inventory. In contrast, Vendor Central is a program for sellers who want to sell their products through the Amazon site by holding their inventory in an Amazon fulfilment centre.
Here are a few things data analytics helps in understanding:
- Consumer behaviour: Amazon seller information examination alludes to the most common way of dissecting customer conduct, deals, and a few different data of interest to make improved, information-driven choices. By examining various measurements, you will want to increment and work on your presentation as far as transformation rates, deals, discounts and so forth
- Plan out finances: The information received through data analytics is valuable to sellers since it is vital to effectively support their organizations and procure profits and for this reason, they examine various measurements like conversion rates of various products sold on the website, deals, and so on. Similarly, Amazon additionally participates in this equivalent movement.
- Analysis of information regarding the products sold: They fundamentally gather information in regards to every one of the customers that are using the platform. The information comprises clients’ purchasing conduct like what items they buy, what items they don’t buy yet save onto the Wish List, what location the customers are located at, and the sort of criticism, suggestions and comments that they leave on the items bought, and different data of interest. Gathering this data and breaking down it is instrumental in scaling their business and further developing the shopping experience they offer.
There are both seller apps and vendor apps that create a way in which both the seller and the vendor can get information regarding every aspect. There is a dashboard through which they will be able to analyze their market positioning as it will be helpful for them to create a way in which they can make their business grow and increase their reach. A seller will be able to increase their reach on Amazon and such apps are provided by third parties who work on the data analytics part for you. Saras Analytics is one such service provider that can help you in retrieving data and contributing the effort in increasing the business revenue for both the seller and the vendor.
So, how is this data analytics process going to help your business? Both the sellers and the vendors can benefit from this and to know it better here are a few of how it will benefit:
- Get insights: You need to get insights into any e-commerce platform so that you are always aware of the interaction and traffic you are getting on your products. The e-commerce platform is important for your business to keep going and when you are well aware of the functioning, you will be able to handle it in a better way so it can also mean that you can bring changes and increase how it can generate more profits.
- What to focus on: With the help of the data you receive, you will be able to make out whether you need to focus more on selling or your product. There can be different aspects that you will have to focus on and data can help you figure that out without having to work too much to retrieve it. The process is just a matter of minutes and when you are getting data on time, there is no need to worry about any other aspect.
- Machine learning solutions: There are complex requirements that can help make the business better. The data received through sales forecasting is important and can help in increasing sales if worked on properly. Data has always been an important tool in the business world and it can help you in bringing out better operation methods in your work. There is also a lot of prediction that is required to plan out the further process for a business and this is also what data analytics can help you with.
With the help of Saras analytics, you don’t have to worry about anything as they also have a tie-up with other data systems that combine to help you in getting exactly what you need to work out your business on the e-commerce websites. This becomes a strategic asset for you to grow your business in a much smarter way that will help you in taking your business to new heights. In this way, you can increase your sales and also have accurate predictions for your business.