GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering. It is a national-level examination for admission into master’s programs and recruitment under PSUs. There are a total of 29 disciplines in this examination. However, a candidate or an aspirant can opt for more than one subject according to the guidelines provided. IIT Kanpur will soon release a notification about the GATE 2023 examination.
Why should a Candidate Appear in the GATE Examination?
For an engineering student, it is very important to appear in the GATE examination. Here are some important points on why a candidate should appear in the GATE examination.
- With the help of the GATE score achieved by a candidate, he or she can get admission into various programs such as Master of Engineering (M.E.)/Master of Technology (M.Tech) courses and Ph.D. These programs are conducted by reputed universities such as IITs, NITs, IISc, GFTIs, and other reputed Universities.
- The score achieved by a candidate in the GATE examination is also considered by various reputed foreign universities. Some of them are Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), National University of Singapore (Singapore), Aachen University (Germany), Technical University of Munich (Germany), and so on.
- The rankings in the GATE examination are considered by various MNCs. Moreover, the GATE score can be used to apply for various prestigious jobs in PSUs. Various Central Government Jobs in ISRO ( Indian Space Research Organisation ) and DRDO can be secured by the score of GATE.
- If a candidate passes the GATE examination, he or she can join a national or state-level university or college whereby, you will be awarded a sum of 12,400 Rupees monthly. This is given until a candidate completes 2 years in the university or college.
- The GATE score also helps in awarding a candidate with fellowship or scholarship programs.
Eligibility Criteria For GATE Examination
To apply for the GATE examination 2023, a candidate must have either of the qualifications mentioned below. Moreover, the education qualification for the exam has been released. For example, students possessing an undergraduate degree or a candidate studying in the third year can apply for this exam. As per the revised eligibility criteria of GATE 2023, a candidate must qualify for 10+2+3.
- M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent
- Integrated M.E/M.Tech (Post – B.Sc)
- B.Sc (Research)/B.S
- Integrated M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2).
- BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma
There are no minimum pass percentage criteria applied for this examination. Similarly, there is no age limit to apply for the GATE examination in 2023. A candidate must have an Indian Nationality to apply for this examination. However, candidates from Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Singapore can appear for this examination too.
What is the Syllabus for GATE examination 2023?
The GATE examination is administered by any of the 8 organizations or institutions. These institutions are IIT Delhi, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bombay, IISc Bangalore, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, and IIT Kharagpur. The GATE examination 2023 will be administered by IIT Kharagpur. The GATE syllabus has been reduced due to some reason. The GATE examinations have various branches such as Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Civil, and ECE. You can visit the site of BYJU’S Exam Prep to Know the branch-wise syllabus for the GATE examination 2023.
If you are seeing yourself pursuing your career in the engineering field, the GATE examination is the best path. As mentioned above, if a candidate clears the GATE examination, he will be left with various opportunities. However, this examination is considered very tough. Most scholars also refer to this examination as the toughest examination in India. Therefore, you must need some preparation tips to clear this exam.