What is the Minitec Framing System?
The Minitec framing system is a prefabricated aluminium frame that saves time to install and provides consistent results for contractors. The aluminum cross-section, which has an integrated nailing fin, reduces heat loss while simultaneously allowing installation in no time at all. It also offers great design flexibility, which is why it’s the most popular aluminum profile in Europe.
Employees of Minitec, a subsidiary of Fakro Group, have created this system to make your life easier by putting insulation right where you want it most: between two buildings. This means that your walls are closed off from outside air and won’t be affected by wind or rain. Minitec is perfect for roofs on outbuildings or additional living space, which can be mounted just about anywhere.
Where Can I Find the Minitec Framing System?
Minitec’s various profiles are produced by Fakro Group in Poland and supplied to your local dealer through the company’s network of 50 subsidiaries throughout the United States. The Minitec system is available in different colors, depending on the profile that you choose to use.
What Makes Minitec Special?
Compared to other systems, Minitec offers several benefits:
– Time savings – Installations are easy and don’t require special tools or skills. Energy savings – Minitec buildings are well insulated, helping to maintain the interior temperature. Minitec buildings are securely closed off from outside air and resistant to rain or wind. Minitec buildings have high thermal performance because it’s the aluminum that assists in insulation – not just any coating on the profile. It also has high resistance to corrosion.
– Design flexibility – Minitec offers a wide variety of profiles and sizes to make your project extraordinary. Minitec can be made into different shapes , allowing you to create beautiful roofs for outbuildings or additional living space wherever it suits you.
– Functional versatility – As well as roofs, Minitec’s special features can also be used in various other applications, for example, in garden rooms, patios, sunrooms and winter gardens.
What are the Different Minitec Profiles?
Whether you’re looking to complete a small renovation or build an entirely new structure, Minitec has the right profile for every project. It’s available in four different profiles to meet your specific needs – whether it’s a roof, patio cover, sunroom or winter garden.
– Minitec Flat – Minitec Flat is available in several different colors and consists of a 3-mm thick aluminum section with an integrated insulation profile. The standard version has a U value (heat transfer coefficient) of ≤0.86 W/(m2K), with the premium version having a U value of ≤0.69 W/(m2K). This product is available in different lengths, which you can choose depending on your project’s dimensions.
– Minitec Roof – Minitec Roof is available in two versions:
The roofing variant has an integrated insulation profile and is manufactured using anodized steel, which is rust-resistant and particularly lightweight. The standard version has a U value (heat transfer coefficient) of ≤0.69 W/(m2K), with the premium version having a U value of ≤0.59 W/(m2K).
The cladding variant doesn’t have an insulation profile and consists of a 3-mm thick aluminum section with a powder-coated surface. This product is available in different lengths, which you can choose depending on your project’s dimensions.
For more information, contact a Minitec supplier in your area.