10 ways to get quality backlinks
Backlinks are not in vain the topic of a good half of articles devoted to SEO: a site’s link profile plays a vital role in promotion. At the same time, link buying makes up a notable proportion of your overall Search engine optimization budget – Get High-Quality Backlinks.
Initially, As part of our post, we will tell you how to save money on buying backlinks from guest posting service and share 15 different ways to get backlinks to your site for free (or almost free). Also, buy backlinks from authority sites.
1. Social networks
Using social media is one of the most accessible and most affordable ways to get backlinks and increase the visibility of a company (brand) in search results. Therefore, some social platforms allow you to get a do-follow link, some exclusively nofollow link. Although the value of the former is significantly higher, do not underestimate the second type of links: a natural link profile should include both dofollow and nofollow links.
- LinkedIn: A blogging platform within the social network LinkedIn allows users to seamlessly post nofollow links in their articles, useful for diluting your link profile organically. But don’t be discouraged: LinkedIn’s value doesn’t stop there. Well-written posts rank well in organic search, so you have every chance to properly promote yourself or your product.
- Pinterest and Tumblr: The two major global platforms for the exchange of visual content allow you to publish content with dofollow links and, besides, successfully advance in organic image search.
- Youtube: If your content strategy still doesn’t include YouTube promotion, it’s time to think about it seriously. At least for the sake of coveted dofollow links and increased visibility in organic search results on Google.
- Google Plus: We have already devoted a very weighty paragraph to the Google+ social network and its importance in one of the previous articles in the WordPress SEO cycle. Links from the active profile of the social network Google+ can be very useful for the SEO of your site. And will be taken into account (at least in part) not only by the search giant of the Alphabet holding but also by other systems, in particular – Yandex.
- Facebook, Twitter, and VKontakte: Even if you are not encouraged by the thought of endless (one might even say, thankless) work on nofollow links in social networks. We still advise you not to ignore the most popular global and local social networks. They can become not only sources of no follow links, but also attract targeted traffic to the site, as well as increase the company’s visibility for branded queries in organic search results.
- Reddit: Reddit is one of those services that react extremely negatively to link spam and require users to deliberately and appropriately place links. It may sound intimidating, but once you understand the laws by which Reddit lives, the link posted on it will not only become an additional decoration for the link profile but will also bring targeted traffic to the site.
2. Blogging platforms
Independent blogging platforms, as well as blogging services from leading search engines, can also generate backlinks and additional traffic. When posting your publications on them, do not forget that publishing the same content on all platforms will not play into your hands. Also, each of the sites has its unique features that should be taken into account when developing content. If you’re wondering who has the best outreach for link building, it’s essential to research and identify the most effective strategies.
- Blogger (ex-Blogspot): A blog service from Google that provides the ability to post do-follow links.
- Medium: A major independent service popular in professional circles. Alas, Medium links are provided with the rel = “nofollow no opener” attribute.
- Yandex Zen: Yandex’s personal recommendation service, which includes personal and corporate blogs linked to your main website. Links are closed in nofollow but can generate good referral traffic and, as we said earlier, dilute the link profile.
3. Services of questions and answers
The main usefulness of Q&A services in the context of promoting your website or brand lies not so much in generating backlinks as in increasing awareness, as well as directing traffic to the landing page. As a rule, Q&A services automatically assign rel = “nofollow” attribute to all links, but this does not mean at all that your site does not need such links.
Several main Q&A services deserve special attention, which can be useful for promoting your projects:
- Quora: A large international Website of question and answer, a significant part of which is tailored to question of a professional nature. Useful for those who are promoting in foreign markets.
- Mail.ru replies One of the largest Russian-language Q&A services. Most popular in Russia.
- Yahoo Answers: Popular Western service from the Yahoo search engine. It will come in handy for those who work in Western markets.
Answer on forums using links is the simplest and most common link-building method. In other words, To use it, you just need to find relevant forums with topics that are most suitable for your niche.
First, you need to check:
- does the forum have traffic,
- whether there is regular activity on it,
- who “lives” on the forum: real users or link builders.
In the process of writing a comment, pay attention to the rules of each forum: some of them suggest that the user must earn a certain reputation for post links, or they exclude this possibility altogether. Violation of the rules may result in a temporary and even life-long ban.
5. Sites with listings of companies/products
If the topic of ratings or lists (products/companies/tools) is relevant in your industry, you can analyze the existing options and try to supplement them with your product with a link to the site.
To find all the most popular niche listings, you can use one of Serpstat’s tools – Keyword Analysis → SERP Analysis → Top by Keyword.
How your site is added to the list will depend on the format of the list itself. If it is in the form of an article, you will need to contact the author directly. So if it is generated automatically, complete all the necessary procedures for registering your site (product) to get into the overall rating.
6. Guest posts or blog posts on themed media
The section “Blog” in thematic media can be considered the next link in the evolution of “author’s columns” and the heading “letters from readers” in classical print media. The only difference is that posting is now much easier than it used to be. Now, to publish, it is enough to log in, download the material, taking care of the formatting and the presence of the necessary links, and click on the “Publish” button.
Secondly, A similar scheme works successfully concerning such niche media as, for example, VC.RU and Spark. Within the framework of these two projects, user-generated content undergoes basic moderation. But does not require lengthy approvals and large-scale editing. On the one hand, this is the perfect way to leave an organic link on a trusted site. And on the other, to earn great traffic directly from the site’s news feed and organic search.
However, it is appropriate to check DA PA of the guest posting site before publishing the content on them. It will help you to estimate the authority of the website or Link you are getting.
In short, whatever one may say, publishing on blogs of popular niche media is a profitable venture :). On your part, it will only take time and a little effort to write unique. And valuable content that must be approved for publication by the moderators of the selected site.
7. Link building by broken links
If generating content for external sites or posting it turns out to be problematic (you run out of ideas for publications. Or the site owner asks for too high a price). You can use another link-building technique. It involves searching for broken links on the sites you are interested in. And then replacing them with correct working links – already to your site, of course. The method includes several stages:
- We select sites.
- We conduct a technical audit of selected sites in Netpeak Spider to find broken links.
- So we unload and analyze broken links.
- We write to the author (owner) of the blog and propose to write new material of similar content so that it can be referred to and, thus, organically replace the broken link.
8. Placement of reviews on the sites of services that you use
Many foreign companies that provide goods or services for business willingly post reviews of their users, indicating along with the name of the company or website, which is especially important for us.
Take advantage of this little conceited weakness and ask your colleagues to leave reviews on the sites of all the services you use in your work.
9. Participation in conferences and specialized events
Participation in specialized events can not only benefit you in terms of traditional PR. But also open up additional opportunities for link building. Similarly, send a representative as a speaker, become a data accomplice or support. And you are ensured to get your esteemed backlinks from the occasion site. So remember to voice the prerequisites for joins toward the beginning of a collaboration with the coordinators of the occasion.
10. Collaboration with bloggers
In an ideal world, affiliate (advertising) materials on blogs include an active dofollow link (and not even one). And therefore are of interest to both content marketers and SEO specialists.
Is this method free? If your company has sufficient authority on social networks or a large base of email subscribers, the blogger’s PR on your part can be a good argument for cooperation. Otherwise, you can always offer a barter payment format if the blogger might really need your product.
The formation of a link profile is one of the most resource-intensive processes in search engine optimization. However, you can avoid significant financial costs by using free backlink sources. These include:
- social networks,
- blogging platforms,
- services of questions and answers,
- websites with lists of companies/products,
- thematic media blogs,
- sites with broken links,
- reviews on the websites of the services you use,
- websites of conferences and other specialized events,
- relevant author blogs
Know other free sources of quality backlinks? Share your experience and we’ll be happy to add your recommendations to the list.
If you still have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them in the comments below the post: we will try to answer them as fully as possible.